Saturday, August 11, 2012

Week 29

Last Saturday we went to Hobart Beach in Northport for the annual "Cousins Beach Day" with my family. This was Lily's first time at a beach. Because she has such fair skin, like her mommy and daddy, I didn't want to bring her to a beach until next year, but we didn't want to miss this day. Of course I would be kicking myself later that day for not going with my "wait at least a year" plan. We got to the beach and all was good. My mom brought her pack and play so Lily would have a place to sit and lay down. Since Hobart Beach is on the north shore, it is rocky instead of sandy so not that great to lay on. Anyway, I put Lily in the pack and play and sat down in a beach chair next to her. Dan and I ate our lunch then Dan went off to go tubing on my cousin's boat. It was getting to be time for Lily to eat so I fed her some pears and as I was setting her up to give her bottle to her, I noticed how red her cheeks were and her right eye was a little puffy. Oh no! She was over heated and starting to cry. I grabbed her bottle and carried her off to the car, put the air conditioner on full blast and fed her the bottle. Calm now, I thought about just hanging out for the remainder of the time in the car. I didn't want Lily to get any more over heated than she had already.

An hour past and I figured it wouldn't be too much longer until everyone got back from the boat ride and we would go to my cousin's house for a BBQ and to go in the pool. It turned out Lily and I were in the air conditioned car for about 2 hours! Oh well. At least we were out of the heat and everybody else had a good time in it.

Off to my cousin's house we went. Ahh, the pool. It was a nice contrast to the very hot beach. Dan, Lily, and I were the only ones in the pool since we got there earlier than the crowd thanks to my cousin Carol for leaving the beach a little early so Lily and I didn't have to stay in the car for another hour! The water felt great and Lily was cooled off, which was all I cared about.

About an hour later everybody else started showing up and we had a great BBQ. The bugs seemed to have a great BBQ themselves as Dan and I later noticed on our and Lily's arms and legs. Later in the evening before Dan and I decided to go home, I gave Lily a bath. Thanks again Carol for the use of your kitchen sink!

All in all we had a great time. The first half of the day, Dan really enjoyed the boat ride and tubing while Lily and I enjoyed the air conditioned car and the second half we all enjoyed just hanging with my family with some good food and laughs.

This Week In Pictures
(You would think I would have more pics of the beach and BBQ, but sadly I do not)

In the air conditioned car at Hobart Beach. My Dad put his hat on Lily and wants to send it in to Paris Hotel in Las Vegas.
At my cousin's house. Lily all comfy now after a swim in the pool.
Thought I'd throw in this pic of Dan enjoying some BBQ wings my Mom made.

No comments:

Post a Comment