Thursday, January 5, 2012

Getting Prepared

Happy New Year! 2012 will be one to remember. 


Dan and I started our New Year off by shopping for Lily. There was still a lot we initially needed for her when she arrives so we printed out our registry and purchased most of the items we would need right away (within the first couple of months). Things like bed sheets, nail clippers, pack 'n play, among others. Just like our wedding registry, we got 10% off of everything we purchased. It was a good shopping trip 'cause we ended up paying about $62 for A LOT of stuff since we had the 10% off, a 20% off coupon, money from Christmas, and buybuy Baby gift cards from Christmas.


On Monday we went over my parent's house just to hang out and have dinner (I SWEAR MOM, THAT WAS OUR INITIAL INTENT!). After looking at all of Lily's things, I decided we should split Lily's laundry load so we brought over all her bedding, towels, and bibs to wash. My parents have an awesome washer and dryer so they offered them up for the initial wash of things. This weekend we'll be going back over to do all of her clothes. While we were there, we decided to also put the base to the infant car seat in my car. It's weird to see it there. Ahhh! I'm having a baby!!


Sticking with the "nesting" phase of the pregnancy, I put away all of the things we washed and re-arranged the things on her book shelves. I even got the diaper bag set up with diapers and wipes. Dan and I also made Lily's crib up with the cute bedding set and mobile. It's becoming more real every day. Any week now we'll have a little baby girl and I won't have this beach ball of a belly that moves around like something out of the movie Aliens. I'm gonna miss that. I love the feeling of her moving around inside of me.



36 weeks today and hoping that Lily holds out for at least one more week. It seems possible, although the past couple of nights have been somewhat hard with Braxton Hicks contractions. I also feel that my belly is heavy. Just more pressure on my bladder or something. Just gotta keep telling Lily, "One more week. One more week." If she comes earlier I won't be able to have the water birth I've been wanting.


No comments:

Post a Comment