Thursday, December 29, 2011

Our Last Christmas As Two

Happy Holidays everyone! 


Dan's brother Greg, sister-in-law Bonnie, nephews Greg Jr. and Garrett flew in from California last Friday night. We have not seen them since our wedding, over two years ago, so we  both were very excited to have them here for the holidays. Our Christmas Eve was a full house here in our apartment with not only them, but with Dan's parents, my parents, my brother and his fiance, and my two sisters. I always want something different on Christmas Eve so my mom made lasagna, Dan's mom made salad, and I cooked some garlic bread. It was a good night.


On Christmas, Dan and I went to his parent's house for dinner. Dan received a Honey Baked Ham gift certificate from his job, so that's what we had for dinner. Honey Baked Ham is the best ham out there - soooooo good! We all went to my parent's house later for desert. This is mine and Dan's last Christmas with just the two of us and I think Lily got more gifts than we did. I love that though because any gift we get for her is a gift for us. We are very lucky to have the loving and giving families we have.


This past Tuesday we went to see our midwife, Dale. Everything is still looking really good and Lily is still head down. We now start to see Dale once a week. Ahhhh - Lily's almost here!! As we get closer - only five weeks till Lily's due date - it's seems to be getting harder and harder to do the things I used to be able to do.

  • Putting on my socks is a challenge 
  • Getting in and out of the car is difficult 
  • Not dozing off in the middle of the day is hard
  • Taking a shower is tiresome
These are only a few things. As bothersome as some of these things may be, I know it's all for a great cause - the health and well being of Lily. So who cares that I have about forty weeks of uncomfortable moments? At the end I will have a beautiful baby that is a part of me and Dan and that is what makes all of this discomfort worth it.



Yesterday the Gorman clan went into the city to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. The train ride in wasn't so bad but the taxi ride to Radio City was not the best for me and my pregnant belly. During the show I didn't feel that great either. I think it was just the loudness of the show. The Rockettes were awesome and I liked the march of the wooden soldiers act the best. Unfortunately Dan and I didn't hang out in the city after the show because I wasn't feeling too well. We found a cab right away, which was unusual since the city was so packed. We made our way to Penn Station and all the way I wanted to scream. The stop and go and bumps were horrible. At one point I was contemplating getting out of the taxi, but walking would've been worse. We finally got to Penn and luckily the train ride home wasn't too bad. Lily was moving around almost the whole ride.


As I hit the 35 week mark today with this pregnancy, I reminisce about all the trials Dan and I were put through to get to this point. It doesn't seem, and I guess it really isn't, too long ago that we had the two miscarriages then all the fertility treatments. We visited our fertility office today to say hello to all the wonderful ladies who showed us so much warmth and compassion every time we stepped through the doors. Unfortunately Dr. Palter is off this entire week but I did leave photos of all the ultrasounds we have had plus two belly shots of me - one at nine weeks and the other at thirty-three weeks. I also brought them a tray of home-made cookies for the Holidays/New Years. Dan and I are very fortunate to have had the experience we did with our fertility treatments. There are some women I know and have spoken to who went to different fertility offices who were not pleased at the way they were treated. Gold Coast IVF with Dr. Palter is one of the best choices we made. Don't ever settle for second best, especially when it is for something as important and personal as your fertility treatments.



No comments:

Post a Comment