Thursday, January 26, 2012

It's the Simple Things


The Creation of Adam starring Lily Emma as God

I had some fun with Photoshop yesterday. Lily was in the perfect pose to replace God in Michelangelo's The Creation of Adam.

Daddy's Girl
I am sad that Dan had to go back to work so soon after Lily's arrival. He went back on Tuesday. I wish he was able to take the full two weeks he had planned on but it's too busy at his job right now. Oh well. 

                                      

Lily had her first doctors visit last Friday. She weighed in at 7 lbs 3 oz and 20 inches. Now, I know babies do lose weight after birth so I wasn't surprised by the fact Lily lost almost a pound, but how does one grow a whole inch in less than a week? Someone measured wrong or our baby has a growing problem! The doctor said that everything looks good except for a small hernia in her belly button. Nothing to be concerned about and it should go away on its own within a couple of months. 

We went back for another weight check last Monday and Lily only gained an ounce. Now weighing 7 lbs 4 oz, Dr. Cheruvanky seemed a little concerned. Lily should be back up to her birth weight so she is now primarily drinking my breast milk in a bottle where we can see exactly how much she's taking in. It actually works out better for me because Lily was using me as a pacifier. It would take her an hour or more to feed and she never wanted me to put her down. Now that we are giving her bottles, she finishes and falls asleep where I can put her down and she doesn't wake up. Lily's eating a lot more now too. After 2 oz of milk, she wants more. We're almost up to 3 oz at a time and she's up to eat every 2 to 3 hours. We go for another weight check tomorrow and hopefully Lily put on more weight.


Lily was fascinated by her Uncle K.C. She couldn't take her eyes off of him. I think it was the beard. This is the first baby my brother has held for a while since my cousin Shelby. Shelby is 16 years old, so it definitely had been a while. As K.C. was holding her, in the My Uncle Rocks onesie he bought for her, she let loose - literally. She kept farting and did a poo in his arms. It was funny. 


Look Alike 




A lot of my family thinks that Lily looks like my sister Krissy, but if you take a look at my baby picture and compare it to Lily, she looks a lot like me. Which is not surprising since she is my daughter!




No comments:

Post a Comment