Thursday, October 2, 2014

Hello 33 Weeks!

Wow. Didn't think I would be here saying that I am now 33 weeks along! My doctor is happily surprised as well and gave me a high-five after sitting next to me in the waiting area at my appointment yesterday (Wednesday, 10/1). Everything looks good and we are all just hoping I make it another 2 or 3 weeks so that Killian's and Piper's lungs are fully developed.

32 weeks (9/25/14)

So here are some of the things I have been feeling being 33 weeks pregnant with twins:

  • Heartburn is my enemy. Especially at night. 
  • Tums is my friend and unfortunately, like all the friends I have ever had throughout my life, I get let down and disappointed sometimes by what it does/does not do.
  • I did not experience hemorrhoids while pregnant with Lily...but while pregnant with twins? Yup. Luckily they don't hurt though. TMI??
  • My boobs have gotten really big but you can't tell because of my gigantic belly.
  • The weight of my belly is so much that my hips give out at times and I fear that one of these days I will fall.
  • My knees are totally and completely shot. 
  • My fingers are so swollen I can't make a fist.
  • My feet look like balloons and it feels like I am walking on balloons.
  • If I sit on the floor I can't get up unless I have help.
  • I have to pee every 5 minutes. Sometimes every 2 minutes. Hell, sometimes every 5 seconds!
  • It is very difficult to lift my legs to get into the shower.
  • I take at least 2 naps a day...but not on purpose. Thank God Lily can keep herself entertained and out of trouble.
  • My belly button is pretty much non-existent. 
  • Dan says my belly looks like a tiger.
  • My skin is so stretched out on my belly that the nerve endings are showing causing very painful feelings - the wind feels like razor blades going across my belly :(
  • I still don't look pregnant from behind.
  • So far I have gained 46 pounds and I'd guess to say that about 36 of it is my belly.
  • I am pretty much house bound now with the exception of doctor's appointments, parent's and in-law's houses, and taking Lily to her drop-off class.
All of these things may seem like complaints, and maybe they are, but I do not regret this experience and will never regret it. Dan and I are lucky enough to get this chance at being parents to more than one child. We were lucky to have even had the chance of becoming parents with Lily. With that said though, I really hope these guys don't go any longer than 36 weeks. I don't think my body can handle any more weight and abuse than it has already. But, with my luck, they will defy all odds (more so than they have so far) and they will come at 40 weeks. God help me!



No comments:

Post a Comment