Friday, July 20, 2012

Week 26 - 6 Months Old!!

Dear Lily Emma,

You turned 6 months old last Saturday (the 14th). Your Daddy and I love you so much that all the words in the world wouldn't be able to express it. We have loved you from the moment you were placed inside of me. I know that you are alive because your 2 older siblings sacrificed themselves for you. This was meant to be your time here on earth, not theirs, and Daddy and I love them for their love for you. I'm sure they watch over you now and have been from the very start. They make you laugh and smile when there's no other explanation of why you are doing so. The 2 of them will be helping you make the right choices in life so you can accomplish everything you are here to do.

Lily, you are so special. Our miracle. I remember how hard it was for me to give birth to you. Yes, it was the hardest thing that I have ever done, but it was worth it, I would do it again in a heartbeat because without you, I am nothing. Everything that I have ever done in my life has lead up to having you, so I have not one regret. I'm sure your Daddy feels the same.

You have reached so many milestones up to this point and I see more and more as the days go by. So far you have conquered:
  • smiling
  • laughing
  • sleeping through the night
  • rolling over from front to back and back to front
  • cooing, babbling, and screeching
  • eating cereal and fruit - and now starting on veggies
  • holding things
  • grabbing and reaching for things
  • sitting up all by yourself

My you have grown! 8 pounds, 2.2 ounces, 19 inches at birth and now you are 18 pounds, 9 ounces, 26 inches. Just look at your progress:

1/14/2012 - 8 pounds, 2.2 ounces, 19 inches
2/14/2012 - 9 pounds, 10 ounces, 22 inches
3/14/2012 - 12 pounds, 4 ounces, 22 3/4 inches
4/14/2012
5/14/2012 - 15 pounds, 13 ounces, 25 inches
6/14/2012
7/14/2012 - 18 pounds, 9 ounces, 26 inches
You truly are a blessing. Such a good baby. You are so content, happy, and patient. I hope you never loose those traits. I love your smile and the sound of your laughter. I don't ever want to see you sad because it makes me sad. Nothing compares to the love that a parent has for their baby. Daddy and I will be here for you always. We are very excited for you to meet more milestones and continue to be the happy baby girl that you are today.

Love you forever and a day,
Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment