Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What I'm Thankful For

Happy Thanksgiving! 

I am thankful for…

  1. …reaching 30 weeks of pregnancy without any major problems.
  2. …my very loving and supportive husband. Without him, my life and my heart (and my womb) would be empty. 
  3. …realizing how hard it is to know what the right choices are for my family and recognizing the difficulties that my own parents had to face raising four children (and Lily isn't even here yet).
  4. …my caring parents who always tried to do right by us even if we thought it was wrong. We never knew what was right and wrong until looking back years later on the situations. I'm glad of all the choices that were made because they have made me into the person I am today.
  5. …the happiness Dan and I felt Thanksgiving Day two years ago when we found out we were pregnant for the first time. Even though the happiness only lasted a short time, it brought us closer together.
  6. …our second angel baby being able to keep our first company.
  7. …both of our angels keeping Lily safe.
  8. …my parents still being here for me whenever I need them. I love you both ("love ya").
  9. …my brother and two sisters who are not only my siblings, but my friends.
  10. …having in-laws that some people only dream about having.
  11. …these Braxton Hicks contractions and all the practice I'm getting for labor.
  12. …the chair I bought for my shower. Sitting down and letting the warm water run on my back definitely helps when I'm in pain.
  13. …the sunburn feel I have on my skin at the top of my belly knowing that it's Lily stretching out my skin.
  14. …Lily's exercise routine that involves some type of kick boxing: POW - POWPOWPOW - POW - POWPOW
  15. …Lily's awake and sleep cycle. Hopefully it stays this way when she's born 'cause I should get plenty of sleep at night.
  16. …the couch cushions and how they seem to know all the right spots to hug my back so I can sleep well at night.
  17. …this blog where I can document this pregnancy to one day show Lily how much she is loved.
  18. …the knowledge I have, after extensive research, of what giving birth can and should be like.
  19. …my baking skills passed down to me from my mom and one day will be passed on to Lily.
  20. …everyone who has ever been and who will ever be a part of my life. Good or bad, every person I have met and every choice that I have made, has brought me to this point in my life. The present will determine my future and I will remember that the choices I make will not only affect me, but will affect Dan and Lily.
I am thankful for a lot of other things. This list can go on forever but I won't put you through that.

I can't believe I have reached 30 weeks of pregnancy and only have about ten more weeks to go. Time is flying by. There is so much coming up in the next couple of months that the remaining time I have to be pregnant will go by even faster. Even though being pregnant has brought me anxiety, bad morning sickness in the first trimester, back pain, nose bleeds, round ligament pain, signs of strep throat (twice), abnormally fast growing nails and hair, headaches, hot flashes, weight gain, strange changes to my belly button, forgetfulness (more so than normal), and moodiness to name a few, I LOVE being pregnant. I love feeling Lily move around inside of me. I love when Dan feels her move inside of me. I love the fact that my sister Krissy got grossed out when she saw my belly jump when Lily kicked me. I love knowing that everything that Dan and I have been through to get to this point will be worth it when we get to hold Lily in our arms in just about ten weeks from now.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope that you all have a long list of things to be thankful for as well.




1 comment:

  1. Janet and Dan,
    Happy Thanksgiving! You will both be wonderful parents!!!!!!!
    Much love, Jenn

    ReplyDelete