Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sleepy Time


I have heard that most pregnant women experience a lot of baby movement at night instead of the day. This is because they are up and about throughout the day and that makes the baby sleep. This is not the case for me. Since I don't work, my movement throughout the day is minimal. Just walking around the apartment minimal. Because I don't move too much, I feel Lily throughout the day, kicking and punching, and at times I think she's trying to escape!

Is this why I don't have trouble sleeping at night like most pregnant women? Sure, I get very uncomfortable as the day and evening wears on. At times, I do have a hard time getting to sleep, but once asleep, I only wake up because of a full bladder - about every 3 hours. Falling back to sleep is never a problem. If I do feel Lily kick at bedtime, it's just before I fall asleep and then again when I wake up in the morning around 8 or 9 am. Two days this week I actually slept until 11 am and I probably could've slept longer if I didn't think I was being too lazy. I figure though, that I should get as much sleep as I want or need now because in about 11 weeks sleep is going to be a hard thing to come by.

I tend to be the opposite with a lot of things and it makes me wonder if my pregnancy sleep pattern is one of them. Here's a few others:
  • Red Bull does NOT give me wings. It gives me sleep.
  • Nyquil is NOT the "so I can sleep" medicine. It keeps me up and wide-eyed.
  • I sweat more when I'm cold than when I'm hot.
  • Before I became pregnant, drinking water made me thirsty and my mouth dry. Now anything but water makes me thirsty.
  • Even though I'm a righty, I play the guitar as a lefty.
  • Taking a nap in the middle of the day makes me more tired than before I took the nap.
There are probably other things that make me "unique" but right now I can't think of any. So I'll leave it at that for this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment