Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hello Third Trimester

There are many websites out there with different answers to when the third trimester begins. According to a pregnancy calendar I've been using, I start my third trimester now at 27 weeks. Some will say 28 weeks, but I'll stick with my calendar.


Wow how time is flying. It doesn't seem that long ago that Dan and I were in the insemination process. I definitely do not miss all the poking and prodding that goes along with the fertility treatments. I was asked if I was done with being pregnant in response to me saying my back hurt. My answer was no. I'm not done. I love being pregnant. It is the most amazing feeling when Lily kicks, punches, and rolls around inside of me. Yeah my back does hurt, as do my feet and legs, and at times it may seem to be a thing to complain about, but I will never complain about actually being pregnant. It's a miracle that we are having a healthy pregnancy and I have no disillusions about what to expect. My back hurts, my feet hurt, my legs hurt, I sometimes have sleepless nights, I can't get comfortable, my belly button has gone through some weird changes,  I can't do anything without getting out of breath, I have to tinkle every five minutes, AND I LOVE IT! Of course, I'll love it even more when Lily is in my arms, but for now, I'll take what I can get. Only thirteen more weeks!!


Our Halloween party was this past Saturday. Not as good of a turn out as our previous years, but it was still fun to get dressed up and see the friends and family that did come. I needed to find a costume that would accommodate my belly. That's right folks, Raggedy Ann and Andy. The costume was perfectly loose around my belly and comfy. Score!


I wanted to find a mommy necklace for when Lily arrives. Dan is going to buy it for me as a gift of motherhood. I searched and searched for one that is unique and that would be a good fit for me. I wanted to include our two angel babies but couldn't really find anything that would work. Then I found it! A beautiful hand-made pendant and chain that is perfect for all three of our babies - Lily and our two angels. The jewelry designer made this specific design for people who have lost a baby or babies due to miscarriage or still birth. Here's a picture:


Of course, my nest will have only one "egg" for Lily. The chain will have two "eggs" just like this one does for our two angel babies. They are not in our nest but are watching over it. The wing/feather depicts the momma bird (me). I figure I'll do Lily's birthstone color for her egg. If she is born in February it'll be purple for amethyst. If she comes early and is born in January it'll be cranberry for garnet. The two eggs for our angels will be white as shown here. What a beautiful necklace this jewelry designer created for those who have lost a baby. I'm glad I found this, 'cause there really isn't anything else out there that will represent our angel babies and our earthly baby in the same necklace.


Our friend John came home from the hospital Tuesday and we are so happy that he gets to spend time in his own home with his loving and strong wife, Natalie, and their two children, Alex and Christian. Even though John got to go home to his family, he is not out of the woods yet and needs our support.

Please help out if you can






No comments:

Post a Comment