Friday, February 3, 2012

My Due Date Has Finally Arrived!


So, yes… my due date is today, February 3rd. My due date. Yet, three weeks ago tomorrow, Lily decided to make that her due date. I am so thankful that she did. I can't imagine how big she would have been if she didn't come three weeks early and how much more difficult that would have been to give birth to her naturally.

I miss being pregnant. I miss having Lily inside of me. I have had almost three wonderful weeks with her in my arms, but at times I am sad that we don't share the same body anymore. Sad that I can't feel her move at her every waking hour. I wasn't prepared to give that up three weeks early. I wasn't prepared to hold her in my arms so soon.


I love my daughter more than anyone I have ever loved or will love in this world. I am truly grateful for all the help we received from Gold Coast IVF so that Dan and I could have the chance to have a healthy pregnancy. Lily would not be here if not for them. Dan and I are blessed to have had this third chance at parenthood.


Being a mom has not quite sunk in yet. It might be due to the fact that I have only gone out with Lily when she or I have had a doctors appointment - so a total of three times. Just being at home with her when all she does is eat, poop, and sleep doesn't make me feel like a mother. Well, actually that's not entirely true. I feel like a mother when I can sense what she wants and needs. I am learning what her different cries and sounds mean. A mother always knows how their child feels. I get that now.

Always in a dance pose!
It's tiring to be a Stay at Home Mom. It is not an easy job. Sure, I'll have two or three hour brakes in between feedings and diaper changes but it's a constant redundant thing over and over and over again. It makes the days and weeks feel like a blur. I am so thankful for Dan. He is the best husband and father. He's trying so hard to understand what I go through in a day and is always concerned about how I am feeling. He takes over at night when he comes home from work. He also takes over on the weekends so that I can try to get a full night's sleep. I'm sure all of this will become somewhat easier as the weeks and months go on. We will get a pattern down and Lily will sleep longer hours which will give me more time to sleep, do dishes, clean, etc, etc, etc. For now though, I am stuck in this blur trying to remember when I fed Lily last and wondering if I'll have enough time to clean, take a nap, or even go to the bathroom before she needs me again to feed or change her.






No comments:

Post a Comment