Sunday, February 19, 2012

Lily's 5 Weeks Old Already

One month old as of Valentine's Day - February 14th. Time has flown and it seems like Lily has been around so much longer than a month. Lily has grown as if overnight. She now is starting to notice things that make noise. If we talk she will look at us. It's funny that sometimes when I talk to her, she will make a sound or roll her eyes as if we are having a conversation. I know it's just coincidence but it's fun to think that Dan and I have the smartest baby ever!

Heat 36"x30" © Janet E Gorman
So, we have three of my paintings hanging on the wall above our couch that Lily seems to love. Her favorite is a dark painting (pictured above) I named Heat. For some reason Lily is enthralled by it. She will stare at it for what seems like forever. If she is fussy and we have her on the couch, we can turn her direction to this painting and she stops fussing. It's weird. I don't know if she likes it, or if she's trying to figure out why the hell this ugly painting is hanging in the living room. While Lily was staring at it one day, I asked her if she's gonna paint like her mommy. She looked at the painting and made a stink face and rolled her eyes. Was that just coincidence, or does she really just hate the painting so much she can't stop looking at it. I guess we will never know.


I cannot believe I was this big a week before Lily was born. I miss my belly…if you can believe that! Now as I look at this picture, I am being serenaded with grunts from the couch where I have Lily laying. I look over and see the little baby girl that was once inside of my ginormous belly and I smile. Dan's in the kitchen and all I can think of is "We made that."


The doody snake (The Diaper Genie) bags have been wonderful at keeping the scent of grossness at bay until yesterday when we went to change the bag. I don't know how, but the bag had a rip in it and I can tell you that the smell was horrific! Just think, about 30 dirty diapers piled into one enclosed space then, SWOOP, they get released into the air. I had Dan take care of it for me. What a nice husband I have!


No comments:

Post a Comment